Re: PATCH: Fix for printing symbols and variable width underlining.

Subject: Re: PATCH: Fix for printing symbols and variable width underlining.
sterwill@abisource.com
Date: Sun Jan 09 2000 - 16:30:59 CST

Martin Sevior wrote:
> understand, every font was declared as a Latin1. Why? The macro "LAT" does
> this. I removed it and I see no difference in the quality of regular fonts
> but now "symbol" and "dingbat" fonts are printed.

The fonts need to be declared Latin 1, or non-ASCII Latin-1 characters will
be mapped wrong into these fonts. That "symbol" and "dingbat" fonts
now print (but in character ranges for normal ASCII Latin-1 set glyphs)
is a bug. They should not print, since their character encodings should
be different.

To see the difference, insert some accented characters into your
document (Latin-1 grave, acute, etc.) and print. You'll get the wrong
characters unless the PostScript assumes a Latin-1 mapping for its fonts.

--
Shaw Terwilliger