RE: Commit -- Fix for Bug#7

Subject: RE: Commit -- Fix for Bug#7
From: Bruce Pearson (BruceP@wn.com.au)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 08:22:48 CST

Didn't want to claim a complete fix for this bug as yet because I can't say
that is fixed in all situations.

The basics of the fix are as follows;

        1) During fp_Line::Layout once we detect a run that has moved on the line
(x position moved) then pass this on to fb_Alignment::eraseLineFromRun.
        2) fp_Alignment::eraseLineFromRun then erases the line on the desired way.
        3) When erasing a line we need to erase the line plus into the margin area
at each end for characters like j at start of the line and f at end of line.
        4) During fp_TextRun::_clearScreen if the character is on start of line
then extend cleared area into the margin area.
        5) During fp_TextRun::_clearScreen if the character is on end of line then
erase to whole width of line.
        6) When erasing in margin area used half Column Gap as extra width.
        7) During certain fpLine::removeRun calls set bTellTheRunAboutIt to UT_TRUE
to ensure run is erased before it is removed from line. (This needs further
looking into as I think the run should always be informed when it is being
removed from a line so it can erase itself. I'm not sure why it was not done
this way originally).