Re: ZAP - Improve our release practices

Subject: Re: ZAP - Improve our release practices
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 09:08:52 CST

At 08:35 AM 1/18/00 -0500, Larry Kollar wrote:
>> ESR thinks we should have more documentation on the site, and
>> frankly, i agree with him. at a minimum, the contents of abi/docs
>> should be availible online.
>
>I would think they should be available in both PostScript and HTML
>formats. Converting to HTML should be simple enough; if nobody else
>has stepped up by next week, somebody remind me and I'll see what I
>can do. I've been banging on a Perl script at work to convert an SGML
>file to a bunch of HTML files, so I have some core code that can be
>put to use immediately. (I've also been tagged to preach at church this
>Sunday, so the rest of the week is shot for me.) Hmmm, now that I
>think about it, non-styled Abi files are going to make for UGLY HTML
>unless the script has some intelligence. Oh well.

If you had such a beast, I would take care of updating the web site now and
as these documents change. I could always do it manually, which I was
considering doing, but I am pretty crushed for time right now on other abi
related tasks.
It's really up to you. Every little bit helps, and as for the UGLY HTML, I
know PERL and may be able to help refine the script once you get the
foundations in place.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist