RE: commit -- RE: CVS's broken (for Unix)

Subject: RE: commit -- RE: CVS's broken (for Unix)
From: Henrik Berg (henrik@lansen.se)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 05:58:04 CST

> I get a bunch of:
>
> undefined reference to `libiconv_open' (and `libiconv_close')
> (in the abi/src/other/spell/newMain.c and wv/text.c modules).
>
> P.S.: Remember that I don't have installed the libiconv library. I have
> glibc-2.1

It works like this. libiconv have defines so it could both call itself 'libiconv()' and 'iconv()'. In the code in newMain.c and wv/text.c, there is calls to iconv().

The only way for you to get `libiconv_open' is... I can't realy understand. The only 'libiconv' is in libiconv directory include. There is a 'iconv.h' to be used by Makefiles that need libiconv, not for systems with glibc-2.1.

You DON'T have a libiconv library? Then I can't understand how your compilation could have found the name 'libiconv'.

Please grep for libiconv to find where it comes from.
--hb