RE: commit -- fix typing on NT (CP1252)

Subject: RE: commit -- fix typing on NT (CP1252)
From: Henrik Berg (henrik@lansen.se)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 05:03:28 CST

> From: Paul Rohr <paul@abisource.com>
>
> Revert to Jeff's old _emitChar() API, which just passed a BYTE instead of
> the whole WORD.
>
> Henrik, if this messes anything up for you, let me know and we'll figure out
> what the *real* fix here should be.

Well the problem is that I don't have a NT mashine NOW. I hope that will change, but my Win2000 RC2 didn't install :(

The change was to WORD was not needed in the end, but I left it there since the function ToAsciiEx uses a WORD array. We leave it like you have done.

This is a case whare NT should call ToUnicodeEx() and 95/98 have to do ToAsciiEx() + iconv().

The REAL sollution is to handle UT_ASSERT(n_evk < 256). I think the best way is to separate the key pressed from character data, so key pressed can still be < 256 and easy to map into functions.

How does key input work on NT? If you change keyboardlayout, do you get the correct keys?

--hb