Re: patch -- LaTeX exporter, and new --to command line option

Subject: Re: patch -- LaTeX exporter, and new --to command line option
sterwill@abisource.com
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 10:19:34 CST

Joaquin Cuenca Abela wrote:
> It seems to me that the logical place of this function is a hypothetical
> AP_App (cross platform/dependent application), but there isn't such a
> file.
>
> Does anybody think that it would be better to make a new
> /wp/ap/xp/ap_Convert.cpp, with that function?

This conversino feature would be very useful, in fact it's what we had in mind
for a Project of the Week, this week. :)

Having not looked at the code to implement this, is the process XP-clean
enough to fit nicely in such an wp/ap/xp/ap_Convert.cpp? It seems to
me like the process would have very clean entry points (give it the source
file, the target file(s), and the output format(s), and let it do all the
doc loading/converting/saving magic), so that this could be easily
implemented with a few lines of code in each platform.

--
Shaw Terwilliger