commit -- Re: Win32 Word Count, modeless dialogs, keyboard input, etc

Subject: commit -- Re: Win32 Word Count, modeless dialogs, keyboard input, etc
pegli@sourcegear.com
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 15:05:34 CDT

I've committed Thomas Briggs's patch "wordcount3.diff" It works great
except for a few minor complaints:
(1) If the Word Count dialog is already open, selecting it from the menu
does not bring it to the foreground.
(2) All non-zero values for "Seconds between updates" use a one-second
interval.
(3) The title of the Word Count dialog box can be a little confusing. I
think it should include "Word Count - " and the filename, but without the
path. Also, when the filename is too long and has to be cut short, it
should get cut it off the right side as to be consistent with the document
window and because the ".abw *" would be first to go, so you could see more
of the actual file name. It should also use more of the available space in
the title bar; right now it cuts the title short, and there's still a bunch
of room left at the end.

I might log these in bugzilla Wednesday morning.

-Paul Egli

Patch from Thomas Briggs:
1. Makes it possible for modeless dialogs to receive keyboard input on Win32
2. Implements the Word Count dialog
3. Fixes the Insert Symbol dialog to accept keyboard input
CVS:
CVS: Committing in .
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS: af/xap/win/xap_Win32Dlg_Insert_Symbol.h af/xap/xp/xap_Dialog.h
CVS: wp/ap/win/ap_Win32App.cpp wp/ap/win/ap_Win32App.h
CVS: wp/ap/win/ap_Win32Dialog_WordCount.cpp
CVS: wp/ap/win/ap_Win32Dialog_WordCount.h
CVS: wp/ap/win/ap_Win32Res_DlgWordCount.rc2