Re: Win32 Word Count, modeless dialogs, keyboard input, etc

Subject: Re: Win32 Word Count, modeless dialogs, keyboard input, etc
From: Tom Briggs (tom@sane.com)
Date: Tue Jul 04 2000 - 10:37:19 CDT

> I did this because in unix it is possible to choose between "click to
> focus" and automatic grab upon entering a window. I always use the latter

   Well then mimicking that behaviour on Windows is probably a mistake. :)
I'll change it to not re-activate the document window when the dialog is
activated; it sounds like the right thing to do and I can't stand it the
way that it is now anyway. :)

> > 2. What's the rule for when modeless dialogs should stay on top of the
> > documents? The Word Count dialog, for example, falls behind the document
>
> Once again in unix this behaviour is governed by the settings of your
> favourite window manager. I was not aware of any difference in

   Heh, in Windows this is governed by what Windows is the parent - the
document window or the "desktop" window. This is a pretty easy fix as well,
so I can take care of this one too.

> Yeah me too :-). But wait till you try to understand how findpointcoords
> works and Jesper has improved that a lot :-)

   Heh, I've already come to the conclusion that it'll be a long time
before I have enough free time to start figuring out how all that works. :)
I think I'll stick to dialogs and other platform specific stuff for now. :)

   -Tom