Re: Let UCS string functions support i18n really

Subject: Re: Let UCS string functions support i18n really
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 10:22:54 CDT

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, hj wrote:

> Add "UT_Mbtowc" and "UT_Wctomb" classes. Modify ut_string.cpp.

Hi HJ,
        It's great to hear from you again! At the time time I didn't fully
appreciate how cool your work to get only one cursor displaying was. I do
now. That was a very nice peice of work and made the whole modless dialog
stuff doable. Thanks very much. I'm just fixing some bugs in lists right
now and my tree's a bit messy so it'll be a little while before I can look
at your latest patch. Can someone else out there do that?

I will get to it though.

I would really like to be able to display a unicode UCS_BULLET in Abiword.
I know you done some work to get a chinese version of abiword going which
I presume displays Chinese characters from Unicode. Can you tell me or
just provide a patch that displays a unicode bullet? From that I think we
can work out how to get other unicode stuff working in Linux.

Thanks HJ,

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers

Martin