Re: GIF -> PNG in help files

Subject: Re: GIF -> PNG in help files
ChrisDigo@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 12:31:58 CDT

Hello

mmmhh. The problem is not the size of the gif files. I look in my french
files and there is a total of 64 gifs files for 96 ko. If i convert those
files in png we reduce to 82 Ko. We gain only 14 ko!

But it's a good idea anyways. Just because of the Unisys company. I just
don't want to pay a 5000$ bill to them!

But all this don't solve the download time. The help file shouldn't be
included yet. Or just put the help available online or make 2 versions: one
version with the help and one version with no help but fast to download.

Chris