Re: Ok, I give, what IS that striped thing?

Subject: Re: Ok, I give, what IS that striped thing?
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 07:11:19 CDT

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Robert Sievers wrote:

> It's been a while since I have actually sat down with the new releases of
> AbiWord to do some QA, but now that I have, I have to know something.
>
> What on earth is that yellow/gray striped area on the status bar? What is
> it there for, what does it do, why do we need it, who put it there and why?

Dammit! I need answers Jim! =;-)

You have probably just not gotten a clean re-compile. As
Sam pointed out (I was away from my e-mail from one day ..
and someone sends me something relevant!) this was put
in to support the idea of a progress bar in the same
area as the status bar. Right now it isn't currently
used by anything, but at somepoint it might be. There
are two modes: Continuous update mode (the yellow/grey
barber pole type of thing) and percentage update mode
(sliding yellow/grey percentage bar).

At some point in time this code will be usefull to give
the user some feedback. For now it is just taking up
space. It was sitting on my local machine, which was
about to undergo a clean wipe so I decided to finally
finish it and commit it.

Thomas
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf