Re: Ok, I give, what IS that striped thing?

Subject: Re: Ok, I give, what IS that striped thing?
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 16:16:23 CDT

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Robert Sievers wrote:

> At 08:11 AM 7/13/00 -0400, you wrote:
> >At some point in time this code will be usefull to give
> >the user some feedback. For now it is just taking up
> >space. It was sitting on my local machine, which was
> >about to undergo a clean wipe so I decided to finally
> >finish it and commit it.
>
> In the meantime, and hopefully in the long run, I believe we should tone
> down the colors. Would you have any objection to that? If not, can you
> point to the place in the code where you define the rgb values?

Are you actually seeing it now in the builds? You
shouldn't be, and if you are then that is a bug on
my part. It should have silently gone into the source
tree without disturbing anyone (except for the fact
that you had to do a full re-compile).

As for the colors ... I don't think that we should
tone them down =;-) Black on Yellow is high contrast
and allows you to see the update characters whereas
Black on Blue or something else is not as good. I
didn't want to put logic into the code for checking
the colour, finding the best contrast etc.

Thomas
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf