Re: commit -- more signal handling stuff

Subject: Re: commit -- more signal handling stuff
From: Tim Allen (rita_tim@tpg.com.au)
Date: Sat Jul 15 2000 - 00:28:20 CDT

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, sam th wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Martin Sevior wrote:
>

> > Sam,
> > Is it possible to keep the core dumps for debug or some other
> > build options. I find core dumps an extremely useful means of debugging
> > code.
> >

> When the segfault handler is done, it calls abort(), which dumps core in
> addition to quitting. So you needn't worry.

The important question is, does the core that gets dumped there show you
the call stack at the time of the problem (eg segfault) that triggered the
signal, or is it just the call stack of your new signal trapping
code? Hopefully the former, otherwise the core isn't much use.

Tim

Tim Allen             http://www4.tpg.com.au/users/rita_tim/
tim@proximity.com.au  rita_tim@tpg.com.au