Re: patch: SmartQuotesEnable preference item

Subject: Re: patch: SmartQuotesEnable preference item
From: Tim LaDuca (mail@timl.org)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 12:05:17 CDT

> The situations closely parallels spellchecking, which is currently
> split between Tools->Spelling and Tools->Options->Spelling. I'm not
> so sure that's such a great split. More than once I've clicked
> Tools->Spelling expecting to tweak a spelling preference item and been
> reminded that I'm in the wrong place.

Hi.
I think the most elegant solution would be to change the way spelling shows
up on the Tools menu. If the Spelling... option is actually going to run a
spell check than perhaps it should be Tools->Spell Check... or Tools-> Run
SpellCheck. Because there is something about Tools->Spelling... that makes
me think of changing the Spelling options. I think this may have something
to do with the fact that in AbiWord spell checking may very well be going on
all the time.

Just my $0.02!