Re: If this turns out to be true...

Subject: Re: If this turns out to be true...
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 01:20:15 CDT

To chime in with eveyone else, I think this is an exciting move to be
applauded even though I think Star Office as a package totally sucks. I
would be happy to send or sign an email of congratulations and a message
wishing the Developers well and my (our) hope that we can work together on
projects in which we have a common interest. The most obvious being MS
Word import filters. I'm drooling at the thought of what Coalon's been
able to do in six months of solid work :-)

There was a really interesting article on Slashdot asking why not form a
consortium to reverse engineer the *.doc format which has already occured
in the CAD business where AutoCAD has the majority of market share. this
is a great idea and may occur informally if StarOffice is GPL'd. Let's
hope so. Everybody will be win if this happens.

By the way I have absolutely no intention of reducing my commitment to
Abiword. It's too much fun to stop :-)

Well that's my opinion...

Martin