Re: gnome-xml and policy

Subject: Re: gnome-xml and policy
From: Goran Thyni (goran@kirra.net)
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 00:52:02 CDT

On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 09:30:09AM +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:
> Just one more point. Will any XML_Char code I generate be usable with both
> expat and gnome-xml? Are there any gotcha's with using gnome-xml rather
> than expat? I don't want a bunch of ifdefs around lots of code to choose
> gnome-xml over expat.

-----
Problem 1:

the type is called xmlChar in gnome-xml
this is enabled if HAVE_GNOME_XML2 is defined

#define XML_Char xmlChar

no problem

-----
Problem 2:

xmlChar is unsigned char
XML_Char is signed char

in certain cases we need casts to keep g++ happy

no problem for abiword/expat hackers
small problem for abiword/libxml hackers
-----

anyway this gives an reason to look at how we
use types XML_Char and regular char. In some places
the choices seems strange.

regards,
Göran