Re: Merge alors!

Subject: Re: Merge alors!
From: Joaquin Cuenca (e98cuenc@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 15:17:58 CDT

--- Pierre Abbat <phma@oltronics.net> wrote:
> I'm updating the source and getting the following
> messages in the documentation
> tree:
>
> U abi/user/wp/help/es-ES/why.html
> cvs server: Updating abi/user/wp/help/fr-FR
> RCS file:
> /cvsroot/abi/user/wp/help/fr-FR/about.html,v
> retrieving revision 1.1
> retrieving revision 1.2
> Merging differences between 1.1 and 1.2 into
> about.html
> rcsmerge: warning: conflicts during merge
> cvs server: conflicts found in
> abi/user/wp/help/fr-FR/about.html
> C abi/user/wp/help/fr-FR/about.html
> RCS file:
> /cvsroot/abi/user/wp/help/fr-FR/basis1.html,v
> retrieving revision 1.1
> retrieving revision 1.2
> Merging differences between 1.1 and 1.2 into
> basis1.html
> rcsmerge: warning: conflicts during merge
> cvs server: conflicts found in
> abi/user/wp/help/fr-FR/basis1.html
> C abi/user/wp/help/fr-FR/basis1.html
> RCS file:
> /cvsroot/abi/user/wp/help/fr-FR/basis2.html,v
> retrieving revision 1.1
> retrieving revision 1.3
> Merging differences between 1.1 and 1.3 into
> basis2.html
> rcsmerge: warning: conflicts during merge
>
> What's going on?

That means that you have changes in the these file
that have not yet been submitted, and that the version
in the CVS repository has changed from the last time
that you did the checkout, so cvs tries to merge the
changes (the local and the repository changes).

When the changes are in the too near, cvs may have
problems to do the merge, and thus it says: "rcsmerge:
warning: conflicts during merge".

(If you're not interested in the .html files, nothing
to worry about. If you're interested, check the files
with conflicts and you will see something like:

lines of html
lines of html

the upper stuff is the CVS version and the bottom
stuff is your version (I think... :)

Cheers,

=====
Joaquin Cuenca Abela