[RFC] new findPointCoords implementation

Subject: [RFC] new findPointCoords implementation
From: Jesper Skov (jskov@redhat.com)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 05:01:10 CDT

Hullo,

The below patch is a cleaned up version of what I've posted before. It
also fixes most cursor sizing problems that were reported with the old
patch, and the field-related assertions I rambled about earlier.

There remains two known problems:

 Type something with superscript, press control+return, cursor now
 becomes big, but inserts small. I think this is due to some bogus
 empty runs inserted by checkForEnd/BeginOnForcedBreak.

 The FIXME. I can't seem to make anything go wrong, so removing the
 JUSTAFTER condition probably does no harm. Would be great if anyone
 could tell for sure though.

And of course, playing around doing silly stuff causes assertions in
various places - but I can't tell if this is due to bugs I have
introduced with this code since the old implementation would crash and
burn earlier, potentially masking the other problems.

I have checkin privileges now, but would like at least minimal
testing/feedback on the changes before I commit them to the
repository.

Looking forward to receive your comments,
Jesper