RE: Commit: Jamies OLE2 implementation.

Subject: RE: Commit: Jamies OLE2 implementation.
From: James Montgomerie (jamie@montgomerie.net)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 08:13:25 CDT

Maybe you didn't make a mistake - it's possible the make system is failing.
Before delving deeper, however, I'd do a 'make realclean' in both the wv and
abi directories, then try making again. The 'configure' done by wv (and
invoked automatically after a 'make realclean') /is/ needed by the sections
of wv we use.

If that doesn't solve it, I'll try to give some hints:

It looks like you're having trouble using the glib-wv implementation (which
is strange - I personally tested it undes BeOS (no glib) and Linux (with
glib) and it detected and used the glib-wv under BeOS, but used the 'built
in' glib on Linux. Others have had success under Windows). I can't see the
source at the moment, but I'd have an educated guess that what's going wrong
is the glib-detection in Makefile.abi in the wv directory - from memory, it
only includes glib-wv if there is no GLIB_CONFIG defined by 'higher up'
makefiles in the tree. There might be a better way to detect glib, but that
way relied on already implemented 'features' of the make system, so I
thought it would work. If it's not I guess we need some more advanced glib
detection in Makefile.abi.

I'd have a look into it now, but I'm studying for exams at the moment. I
won't be back to coding again until Friday, I'm afraid (I'll be cuecking
email though, so queries are welcome).

Jamie.