Re: empty blocks vs. zero-length runs

Subject: Re: empty blocks vs. zero-length runs
From: Jesper Skov (jskov@redhat.com)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 01:10:15 CDT

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Rohr <paul@abisource.com> writes:

Paul> At 02:01 PM 6/5/00 -0700, Paul Cubbage wrote: Could we prevent
Paul> all this trouble by guaranteeing that *no* level of the layout
Paul> hierarchy is ever totally empty?
>> What then? Phony data in levels?

Paul> No.
[snip]

I haven't had much time to look at the code involved - and it scares
me a bit :) But I think we'd want to add a new Run class which the
Block code knows about - so when Runs are added to a line it always
happens before the special Run. Special handling will also be needed
for selection and point placement calculation.

More as I dig into it - probably next weekend.

Jesper