Initial problems

Subject: Initial problems
From: Richard Light (richard@light.demon.co.uk)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 11:33:13 CDT

Hi,

Nice to see a WP that uses XML as its native file format. If only other
WP developers were so sensible ...

I encountered a couple of problems when trying about 0.7.9 (under
Windows 98):

1) when opening a file by double-clicking on it in Windows Explorer, I
get an 'Illegal operation' error. When AbiWord then appears, it doesn't
contain the file I asked it to open;

2) when saving a file, it doesn't append the default .abw suffix to the
filename before checking whether the file already exists. I had a file
called 'test', but no file called 'test.abw'. It complained that a file
called 'test' already exists, even though it was actually about to save
it as 'test.abw'

Aplogies if these problems are old news - I've just joined the list. Is
there an archive?

Richard Light.

Richard Light
SGML/XML and Museum Information Consultancy
richard@light.demon.co.uk