Re: RTF import bug.

Subject: Re: RTF import bug.
From: Mike Meyer (mwm@mired.org)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 16:57:54 CDT

sam tobin-hochstadt writes:
> On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, Mike Meyer wrote:
> > Now that AbiWord has the font support I want (well, it will if someone
> > commits my PFB printing patch), I've been converting my old
> > WordPerfect documents (for those worried about speed - AbiWord is
> > noticably more responsive than WordPerfect 8 on my system).
> I'll try to check that out tonight. (I just got my real machine online
> last night.)

Glad to hear it. Thanx.

> > The path is to load the documents in WP, save as RTF (AbiWord doesn't
> > read WordPerfect documents, and WP is refusing to save as MS Word),
> > then load into AbiWord. Two things happen that I would call bugs.
> > First, AbiWord now opens showing just the various tool bars (and the
> > new ruler). For empty documents, this is understandable - just
> > barely. For opening existing documents, it's not really appropriate.
> What exactly do you want to happen? Not see the toolbar when you open
> new docs?

Ok, I'm confused. Normally, AbiWord opens as a square, showing the
toolbar(s) and the upper left-hand corner of the document. When I
started this morning, it opened only showing the toolbars, but full
width. I rebuilt it (to get the PFB printing patch installed), and
it's back to the old behavior. Perhaps this bug has already been
fixed, or something strange was going on?

        <mike