Re: BEOS builds

Subject: Re: BEOS builds
From: Caolan McNamara (cmc@stardivision.de)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 09:13:12 CDT

At 09:33 13.06.00 -0400, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
>Hi guys,
>
>I have an idea as to how to fix the BeOS PPC build to get things to compile
>but no way to test things. Maybe someone could help me out.
>
>The problem is a redefinition of getopt()'s function prototype in wv/getopt.h
>On UNIX builds, getopt is usually defined in stdio.h and stdlib.h. Its
>prototype is either:
> 1) int getopt(int, char *const *, const char *); //gnu C
> 2) int getopt(); //non-gnu C
>
>In getopt.h in the wv tree is declaring 'int getopt()' while (i believe) one
>of stdlib.h||stdio.h is declaring the other signature.
>
>The possible solutions:
> 1) try not compiling in wv's getopt if you're using BeOS
> 2) in wv/getopt.[ch] try adding an #ifdef or two to the order of
> #if defined(__BEOS__) && defined(__PPC__)
> int getopt(int, char *const *, const char *);
> #endif

Is the build process not running configure in the wv directory ?
The configure script should rule out the need to use the included
getopt if the system has it already. I think the accumulation of
ifdefs for every conceivable platform around the code will cause
grief in the long run. Granted this is not an option for builds
without /bin/sh like visual schmuck under windows.

C.