Re: Xlations

Subject: Re: Xlations
From: Aaron Lehmann (aaronl@vitelus.com)
Date: Sat Jun 17 2000 - 15:43:01 CDT

Luddite :).

While what's visible to the end-user is very important, it is also
important to build a good architecture to make the software easy to expand
on and continue to develop. _("String") is simply easier than
AP_STRING_ID_... .

I don't really care very much, I'm just saying that I would prefer to use
gettext rather than our own mechanism so that developers such as myself
and translators can use the standard rather than learning and getting used
to Abi's proprietary one. I don't like code duplication very much. You can
probably see this in me in how I am pro-STL, pro-autoconf (compared to
make!).

Aaron Lehmann