vector images

Subject: vector images
From: Justin Bradford (justin@ukans.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 18 2000 - 21:03:49 CDT

I've just committed the framework for vector images.

This entailed changes in the af/gr code, adding support
for multiple types of images. I've updated the other
platforms, but not tested. I'll watch tinderbox, though,
to make sure everything got through ok.

I've also made minor changes throughout, adding the
concept of a vector image and fixing the usage of gr_Image
where needed.

Finally, in the graphics importer section, I removed the
hack (isPNG/isValidImage) from ap_EditMethods, for testing
the image type, and instead added a RecognizeContents
function on each of the graphics importers.

As for the vector image, I have not really written any
of its internals. Right now, if you insert/picture an
svg file, it creates a new picture window on which I draw
a green rectangle with an inscribed diamond. Just imagine
that replaced by the actual drawing instructions.

So, now I'll work on the internals of the vector image
support, but I wanted to get the framework in before it
became obsolete by other people's work.

Justin