Re: Scripting

Subject: Re: Scripting
From: Paul Cubbage (paul@opencountry.net)
Date: Sun Jun 25 2000 - 02:18:16 CDT

Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:

> ( this is biggest problem with python, newbie's scripts are usually
> no more than 2 level depht, and intending is *really* tiring )

Eric Raymond wrote in the Linux Journal Python Suppllement last month
that Python is what you want when the script exceeds 100 lines, at which
point the indenting becomes a positive for maintaining bigger stuff.
Below that he recommends Perl. It's a discussion worth reading.

If you enable the technology through Corba or whatever, then people can
implement whatever langauge they want, even a VB clone (many exist).

I personally only create macros as shortcuts for working with formatted/
longer docs e.g. CTRL/1 for Heading 1, CTRL/2 for Heading 2, etc. A
simple keyboard record and playback mechanism would suit me fine.

--
Paul Cubbage, Visionary 408-353-2164 353-8181 FAX 472-1112 Cell
Open Country, Inc.      paul@opencountry.net