Re: Thoughts on text styles, Show Paragraphs, and internal representation

Subject: Re: Thoughts on text styles, Show Paragraphs, and internal representation
From: Jesper Skov (jskov@redhat.com)
Date: Sun Jun 25 2000 - 13:22:13 CDT

>>>>> "Randy" == Randy Kramer <rhkramer@fast.net> writes:

Randy> I am looking forward to the day when AbiWord supports
Randy> collapsible outlining. In fact, I seem to have volunteered to
Randy> do it ;-), (but I forecast a five year schedule, which is
Randy> beginning to seem realistic as I beat my head against C and
Randy> C++).

Randy> I think that collapsible outlining will require at least one
Randy> more thing (attribute?) in the description of a paragraph
Randy> style. (I think this would be something that specifies the
Randy> outline level of the paragraph, perhaps any of Heading 1
Randy> through Heading 9, and "Body". (I have some thoughts of trying
Randy> to support body levels 1 through 9 in addition to heading
Randy> levels.))

Sorry, I don't grok WP lingo :) What is 'collapsible outlining'?

>> I hope that AbiWord will support a show nonprinting characters
>> option (like word) which does not show the styles for runs within a
>> paragraph.

I can think of no reason for not having separate options for enabling
these things. Even options for each type of formatting if necessary.

Jesper