Re: Wrong config.h in several glib-wv files?

Subject: Re: Wrong config.h in several glib-wv files?
From: James Montgomerie (jamie@montgomerie.net)
Date: Wed Jun 28 2000 - 09:24:52 CDT

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000 12:20:20 you wrote:

> When compiling the latest CVS of wv (and some earlier one too) I found
> that it crashed on the error of not finding <config.h> for include. The
files
> are gmem.c, gmessages.c and gstrfuncs.c. Replacing the include by
> <../config.h> makes the compile succeed and the resulting binary appears to
> be OK.
>
> Is this a bug? Is this the right fix?

It is a bug, and your fix is /a/ right fix, but it's not /the/ right fix :-)

Really, ../ should be included in the include path of glib-wv. Attached is a
patch to correct the oversight. It should be applied to the wv tree. It's only
a small fix, so
I'd like it to be committed to CVS please (Unlike some [most?] of my patches,
this one won't break the Tinderbox :-)

I presume the bug was never noticed because no-one was building wv seperately
[from AbiWord] on non-Linux systems.

Disclaimer:
Bear in mind that the AbiWord's wv is in a transitional state, and is not an
'official' wv release. It should work (and it does for me), but it's not been
very heavily tested outside the AbiWord importer framework.

Jamie.