Re: Independant Insert Picture Dialog

Subject: Re: Independant Insert Picture Dialog
From: Michael D. Pritchett (MPritchett@attglobal.net)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2000 - 01:26:50 CDT

From: Aaron Lehmann <aaronl@vitelus.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2000 11:59 PM

> I would like to check this out, but it won't apply to my copy since your
> patch has Windows lineendings. I would like to remind people to please use
> CVS to make diffs - it makes it much easier for both the people who make
> the diffs and those who apply them. Anyway, I'm in a good mood, so here's
> a simple tutorial on how to make diffs using CVS:
>

> * Do your work on the source code, which you just checked out of CVS.
> Instructions for checking out source code using CVS are on the AbiWord
> developer page. If it's a long-term project, make sure to 'cvs update'
> often. There's no need to keep a backup copy.
>
> * When you're finished with your changes and want to produce a diff, run
> 'cvs update' to merge in any recent changes from CVS. Reslove any
> conflicts that arise. Type 'cvs diff -u > myfile.diff' to produce a diff
> file vs. CVS.

Aaron -

Thanks for the info. I truely appreciate any hints and advice you can give.
I tested your suggestion on my machine. Unfortunately, I am using and Win32
version of CVS. As a result the patch file it produces still retains the
Window line-endings. Any other suggestions?

At the moment, my development work is on the Win32 platform and so much of
my suggest code enhancements will be in that direction. I suppose that I
could write a script to run through and convert from DOS to Unix. I'll be
happy to do so if that is the prevailing wind for submitting patches.

Cheers!

Michael D. Pritchett
newbie