AF clean-up patch

Subject: AF clean-up patch
From: Aaron Lehmann (aaronl@vitelus.com)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 03:07:29 CST

> I can't speak for Jeff, but it probably seemed easier to him at the time.
> All told, we've been so busy congratulating ourselves for keeping platform
> code out of the rest of the app that we haven't sweated the < 10K of
> platform-specific code in the framework.
>
> Insofar as we rarely have to go back into his framework to change anything,
> it hasn't bothered me that much, but for anyone who does go in there, it's
> pretty noticeable.
>
> By all means, if you feel the itch to streamline that code, I can't imagine
> anyone standing in your way. :-)

Here's my first attempt at moving some code up in the class heirarchy. I
moved the toolbar creation code to XAP_Frame - the code was being
duplicated in all platform-specific subclasses. If this is commited, it
should make toolbar-toggling a lot easier becuase it can all be done in
XP. I also moved the m_p*Mouse and m_p*Keyboard into two single variables
in the XAP_Frame rather than having them be declared seperately for each
platform in their classes. I have made the changes to all platforms, but
it has only been tested on Unix w/o gnome, and it seems to work.

Thanks for this fun oportunity to work with a framework, and if you like
this patch I'd be interested in cleaning up other stuff in the af
framework.

Aaron Lehmann