QNX Port update (was Re: More Donuts :-()

Subject: QNX Port update (was Re: More Donuts :-()
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 06:49:32 CST

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 sterwill@abisource.com wrote:

> sam th wrote:
> > Looks like I'm buying again. I just hope no one looks at the mistake I
> > made, so they won't realize that I forgot to make all the replacements in
> > cut and paste code I used. Then they would think I was dumb. :-()
>
> The BeOS and QNX stubs? That's OK, no one uses those operating systems
> anyway. :) Actually, it was pretty easy to fix (and tinderbox should
> roll around all green again soon). The hardest part about doing dialogs
> is maintaining all those other platform stubs on the platforms you can't
> immediately build on.

Oh Shaw ... your not trying to juice up a bit of the competitive
spirit in me are ya =;-)

I know that there are probably _few_ people using the BeOS
port (no active maintainer at this time!) and that I'm one
of three people using the QNX Port. I've not doubts that
this will change in time as the ports get a bit more spit
and polish added to them.

Just for the lurkers out there ... my personal opinion
is that the Photon port is now creeping ahead of the
BeOS port. The only _main_ functionality missing is
printing support (added this weekend if all goes well).
Of course with all of these dialogs coming fast and
furious I've got lots of catch-up work to do.

The last real thing that I'm missing is support for
bullet entries. I suspect that this will be provided
when we get our list support in place ... and will
also mean that the graphics classes will need some
sort of "draw circle/elipse" function.

Thomas
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf