Re: Non-debug build segfaults

Subject: Re: Non-debug build segfaults
From: Pierre Abbat (phma@oltronics.net)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 16:23:54 CST

On Thu, 02 Mar 2000, sam th wrote:

>there seems to be a problem with the non-debug build. It segfaults
>immediately upon startup for me, every time. if i have the splashscreen
>on, it segfaults in the call for that, but if I don't, it segfaults after
>drawing the toolbars and menus, but not the main window. on the debug
>build, there are no problems at all. I am running the very latest cvs of
>all the files, even the various libraries. I'm going to look at what is
>causing this, but I wanted to know if anyone else has noticed this.

I have (see my previous message), but I can get as far as the main window and
start typing in it. If I do Help|About, it crashes, of course. I'm using 0.7.8,
which I downloaded as source.

I had been using the RPM of 0.7.8 with no problem, until I upgraded Mandrake
5.3 to Mandrake 7.0. The libpng is 1.0.1 and 1.0.5 respectively. The same
AbiWord installed from RPM works fine on 5.3 and segfaults on 7.0, and
installed from source it still segfaults. I have not tried the RPM AbiWord
-nosplash.

phma