Re: Abiword for Sparc Linux

Subject: Re: Abiword for Sparc Linux
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 21:01:46 CST

At 07:25 PM 3/1/00 -0600, sterwill@abisource.com wrote:
>Sarah Bolderoff wrote:
>> I noticed that Abiword supports Linux running on Alpha's and
>> Intels. Is there a port of Abiword for SPARC Linux? What about Digital
>> Unix as well?
>
>It should compile very cleanly on Sparc/Linux, give it a go if you've
>got the tools and the time. The source can be grabbed in tarballs or
>from CVS (instructions at http://www.abisource.com/).
>
>We don't have a Sun machine running Linux to produce binaries on,
>so we can only offer the source code.

We don't have a Digital Unix box either, but people have gotten the AbiWord
sources to build on a wide variety of Unix platforms. For a current list,
see:

  http://www.abisource.com/lxr/source/abi/src/config/platforms/

In most cases, if you've already managed to get GLIB and GTK working on your
Unix flavor of choice, you shouldn't have anywhere near as much trouble
getting AbiWord to build and run.

Just be sure to send us any makefile updates needed, so that others can
benefit from your work. ;-)

Paul