Re: Core-dump during startup on AIX-4.3.2

Subject: Re: Core-dump during startup on AIX-4.3.2
Ciaran.Deignan@bull.net
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 08:41:14 CST

> 1- Are you running the script (/usr/local/AbiSuite/bin/AbiWord) or the
> executable itself (/usr/local/AbiSuite/bin/AbiWord_[d,s]) If you are
> running the bare executable, then that's your problem. Running the script
> should work.

I'm running the script. When I run the bare executable, I get an nice GTK
dialog box telling me to feed it the fonts. Pity...

> 2- However, if that's not the problem, then it would be very helpful if
> you could provide the stack trace from gdb (or whatever debugger you use)
> when your copy segfaults.

I put the stacktrace from 'dbx' in the defect. Unfortunately GDB isn't
currently working on AIX-4.3 core dumps, but I've been informed that a
correction has been developed for IBM and I should get it in a week or so.
I hope.

> 3- Finally, you do have unixfonts as a peer to your source directory when
> you compile, right?

I'm never entirely sure what this means. What I have is

          /internet/port/abi-0.7.8
                        /abidistfiles
                        /wv
                        /unixfonts