Re: Core-dump during startup on AIX-4.3.2

Subject: Re: Core-dump during startup on AIX-4.3.2
Ciaran.Deignan@bull.net
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 11:28:38 CST

On 2 Mar 2000, Peter Mcaveney wrote:

> When free() crashes it's usually because it has been fed a bad pointer - a
> memory location which has not been malloced or has already been freed.
>
> You said in your bug report that you replaced the occurrences of UT_strdup()
> with a malloc() and a strcpy(). Exactly what did you do with line 338:
>
> fontfile = UT_strdup(fontfile);

In the v0.7.8 source-code its just strdup(). And while I was convinced
that I'd tried building the latest CVS version I've discovered that
in a moment of confusion I must have downloaded the cvs sources and then
built the v0.7.8 code... sigh.

Anyhow I now have a debug version thats a bit slow but that has
successfully opened a word doc (though it refuses to handle the images
which certanly weren't in PNG format and keeps doing some sort of
'assert' and asking me to confirm). I'm rebuilding in normal mode,
I should be able to test it tomorrow.

Thanks,
Ciaran

Ciaran Deignan Tel: (France) 04 76 29 79 92
BULL XS-BU (http://www-frec.bull.com) HA and Consolidation

Mail to: Ciaran.Deignan@bull.net Bullcom: 229 79 92
PGP: B1 78 FB 88 FD 86 58 A8 89 7B 22 8C D0 E8 71 FC Fax: 229 75 18