Re: image support (was Re: Core-dump during startup on AIX-4.3.2)

Subject: Re: image support (was Re: Core-dump during startup on AIX-4.3.2)
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 22:08:28 CST

At 10:52 PM 3/2/00 -0500, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
>Has anyone emailed them or asked them about linking a library into Abiword
>for uncompressing Gifs? They might be sympathetic to an open source project.

It's worth a shot. In any event, we certainly should give them a chance to
do the right thing before seriously considering my obnoxious UI suggestion.
Outbursts like that are emotionally satisfying, but being polite first is
often a lot more effective.

First, though, let's see how bad the problem is. If most word processing
formats don't include GIFs, then this may be a non-issue.

Paul,
cooling off