Re: Build error for gnome version.

Subject: Re: Build error for gnome version.
From: Joaquín Cuenca Abela (cuenca@ie2.u-psud.fr)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 04:39:13 CST

sam th wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Martin Sevior wrote:
>

> > HI
> > I just got the following build error on gnome from a fresh
> > install:
> >
> > ap_UnixGnomeFrame.cpp: In method `void
> > XAP_UnixGnomeFrame::_createTopLevelWindow()':
> > xap_UnixGnomeFrame.cpp:149: warning: conversion from `int' to `enum
> > GtkDestDefaults'
> > xap_UnixGnomeFrame.cpp: In method `class EV_Toolbar *
> > XAP_UnixGnomeFrame::_newToolbar(class XAP_App *, class XAP_Frame *, const
> > char *, const char *)':
> > xap_UnixGnomeFrame.cpp:297: static_cast from `XAP_App *' to
> > `XAP_UnixGnomeApp *'make[5]: ***
> > [/home/msevior/abidir/abi-cvs/abi/src/../src/Linux_2.2.15-2.5.0_i386_DBG/obj/xap_UnixGnomeFrame.o]
> > Error 1
> >

> I'm getting the same error. The offending piece of code is
>
> new EV_UnixGnomeToolbar(static_cast<XAP_UnixGnomeApp *>(app)
>
> Bizzarely, the following code makes up the equivalent part of
> xap_UnixFrame.cpp
>
> new EV_UnixToolbar(static_cast<XAP_UnixApp *>(app)
>
> Given the remarkable similarity, I'm not sure what the problem is. I do,
> however, suspect that this break is related to the big XAP->XP checkin
> from yesterday.

Yeah, you're right.

Briefly, the constructor of EV_UnixGnomeToolbar takes a XAP_UnixApp and
XAP_UnixFrame in arguments, and not a XAP_UnixGnomeApp and
XAP_UnixGnomeFrame. If you want a quick fix, just change the line with

new EV_UnixGnomeToolbar(static_cast<XAP_UnixGnomeApp *>(app),
static_cast<XAP_UnixGnomeFrame *>(frame), ...)

with this one

new EV_UnixGnomeToolbar(static_cast<XAP_UnixApp *>(app),
static_cast<XAP_UnixFrame *>(frame), ...)

But the real solution is to change the constructor of
EV_UnixGnomeToolbar (it requires some minor changes to AP_UnixFrame,
too). I've done it in my own abi tree. I don't commited the changes
yet because I've finishing my patch for add the gnome menubar items (i
was going to send the patch the same day that the XAP->XP checkin :( )

I hope to send I patch with the menubar items and with a fix to the
XAP_UnixGnomeToolbar constructor today (I hope... ;)

--
Joaquín Cuenca Abela
e-mail: cuenca@ie2.u-psud.fr