Re: image support

Subject: Re: image support
From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Sat Mar 04 2000 - 19:15:47 CST

At 05:41 PM 3/3/00 -0600, Nathan@unos.net wrote:
>If that's the case, then how bloated *is* ImageMagick, really, compared
>to libpng+libtiff+libjpeg+libungif+libpcx+libbmp+manipulation-libs?

         If you use a custom makefile, so that it doesn't compile in code
for all the formats and/or image manipulation features you don't need, it's
not bloated at all! I did this for a project where I only need a few
formats and none of the manipulation tools - beats trying to do all work
myself to support reading/writing image formats.

Leonard