Re: Framebuffer version of Abi ?

Subject: Re: Framebuffer version of Abi ?
From: ArcadePreserv Center (arcadepreserv@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 04:38:10 CST

Tom at Scitech, You mentionend in some post that you were considered porting
eighter wxwindows or GTK to your system.

From what I understand GTK uses GDK as an abstraction level to the
x-windows, and is also ported to the ms-windows system. To get GTK to work
on a system it is GDK you shall port.

In my opinion GDK is more interesting than wxwindows since there might then
be a possibility to run many great GTK based application on a lightweight
graphics/windowing system.

I wonder how many GDK functions one have to implement before enough of GTK
works to get Abiword to run. This is very interesting.

I dont know the limitations of the MGL licence compared to the LGPL, so I
dont know of scitech is the platform to advocate in a lightweight Abiword
system, I will have to check that out. Others are mentioned Dinx and
Microwindows...