expat 1.1 (was Re: GR_Image is raster specific)

Subject: expat 1.1 (was Re: GR_Image is raster specific)
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 14:49:12 CST

At 02:17 PM 3/13/00 -0600, sam th wrote:
>One question here - should we remove all the VC-specific stuff (there are
>a bunch of files)? It might save some space.

How much space are we talking about when everything's compressed? Saving
half a meg might be worth it. Otherwise, it's not worth the effort to
maintain even a trivial fork like this.

>Thanks for the advice. I've now put the new version of expat that I've
>created up on my web site. It really wasn't too hard, the application is
>pretty simple in structure.

How thoroughly have you tested the integration of this new expat version
with AbiWord? If it's a plug-n-play replacement, we can consider getting it
all checked into the tree, once your package has been tested on at least one
other platform.

However, if we need to make any changes on the Abi side to take advantage of
the newer version (for example, for namespace support), then the checkin
should probably wait until someone has time to do that integration work.

Paul