Re: GR_Image is raster specific

Subject: Re: GR_Image is raster specific
From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 07:04:32 CST

At 12:10 AM -0800 3/14/00, Paul Rohr wrote:
>At 04:45 PM 3/10/00 -0600, Justin Bradford wrote:
>>So, should I just write the svg tags back out into a ByteBuf, which gets
>>stored as a data item, which will be found by GraphicVector, which will
>>read it and pass it to GR_ImageVector, which will just use expat to parse
>>the SVG again? It's actually not too inefficient, but I wondering if it is
>>the only solution here.
>
>Do you know what kind of data structure you want to use to store the SVG
>content? Does each drawing primitive correspond to a single XML node with
>attributes? Is the sequencing important? It almost sounds like you may
>want to load them into something a lot like the piece table, which would get
>you I/O more-or-less for free, plus undo/redo for editing.

        The BEST way to store the SVG would be a DOM tree, since
you'll want/need to get at different parts of the DOM during display.
The reason you need the DOM tree is to properly deal with CSS
attributes that might not actually live inline.

        However, if you aren't going to reparse the SVG after it's
been rasterized - then just keep it as a single memory block.

LDR

                   You've got a SmartFriend in Pennsylvania
Leonard Rosenthol      			Internet:       leonardr@lazerware.com
					America Online: MACgician
Web Site: <http://www.lazerware.com/>
FTP Site: <ftp://ftp.lazerware.com/>
PGP Fingerprint: C76E 0497 C459 182D 0C6B  AB6B CA10 B4DF 8067 5E65