MSWord file crashes Abi-Word 0.7.8

Subject: MSWord file crashes Abi-Word 0.7.8
From: David Shalita (af389@lafn.org)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 09:47:11 CST

Hello,
I am a brand new Abi-Word user and also brand new to
this Abiword-user and Abiword-dev lists. If I am posting to
wrong list, please forward to correct list.

I am using Abi-word on WIN95A PC (64MBYTE RAM) to view and print
Microsoft Word (MSWord) files since I do not have MSWord on my system.

AbiWord ver0.7.8 does a perfect job for small 150K MSWord files but
crashes when I try to open a larger 687K file. Norton CrashGuard error
message says AbiWord has crashed due to an "access violation"

I sure hope AbiWord can be modified to run with this size file.
I do not have a web page to post my file, SPICEMAN.DOC.

I'll be happy to provide this file to anyone to help solve
the problem. The file is virus free per Norton AntiVirus.

Please advise work around or if I can send SPICEMAN.DOC file as email
attachment.
Regards,

--
David Shalita (Dave)