Re: Why do we draw so much

Subject: Re: Why do we draw so much
From: Aaron Lehmann (aaronl@vitelus.com)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 18:21:07 CST

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Thomas Fletcher wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Well I was looking at the Photon version of AbiWord trying
> to figure out why certain operations seemed to be really
> slow on my P133 ... and I've found something interesting
> (as I usually do when I totally walk a source through the
> debugger).

The speed of drawing has been bothering me a lot too. A resonably sized
window takes a second to redraw on my K6-2/350 after being brought to the
front, covering another window that was on top of it. I was planning to
look into the code myself. By all means, please go ahead with optimizing
the drawing code! It would greatly benefit many people (in terms of
sanity).

Thanks,
Aaron Lehmann