Re: PATCH: Fix for an underlining bug.

Subject: Re: PATCH: Fix for an underlining bug.
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 19:53:53 CST

At 12:18 AM 3/19/00 +1100, Martin Sevior wrote:
>HI,
> Abi's underlining code has a bug that has been bothering me for a
>while. To see it.
>
>1. Take a string of text.
>2. Go to superscript mode and insert text.
>3. Underline the original text and the superscript text.
>
>The underline moves up underneath the superscript text.

Wow! I didn't even realize that bug was there.

The patch went in cleanly, and works as you intended. Underlining and
their corresponding intersection with superscripts now works as people
would expect. I didn't actually commit the changes though due to a new bug
that shows up. If you select a piece of text which is underlined, the
underline disappears for the selection region, and as you drag around, it
starts reappearing in chunks, and this looks rather odd. Before the patch,
the underline never disappeared at all when text was selected.

Is this something you can take a look at before we do a check in?

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist