Re: PATCH: Fix for an underlining bug.

Subject: Re: PATCH: Fix for an underlining bug.
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 19:15:02 CST

At 12:18 AM 3/19/00 +1100, Martin Sevior wrote:
>Fixing this bug meant a substantial enlargment of the fp_run.* and
>fp_textrun.* code

Actually, you might be able to get away with a bit less code here.

It looks like you've got identical implementations of all those get/set
methods in both the base fp_Run class as well as the fp_TextRun subclass.
You probably only need one of the two.

If you want all runs to store those properties -- it's not clear that this
is necessary -- then you can nuke the redundant TextRun set. Or if you only
need those properties for TextRuns, you can nuke the Run set.

The only reason to leave them virtual is if you've got *different*
implementations in each class.

Paul

PS: For another test document with screw cases, see the attachment. I
varied the font size, mixed in subs and sups, and made sure it spanned two
lines. The more I play with this, the more I find.