Commit: Insert Field for unix.

Subject: Commit: Insert Field for unix.
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 01:08:58 CDT

HI everyone,
            I've implemented "Insert Field" for unix. I believe it works
just like the windows version but I can't be sure. In the course of
implementing this I discovered a few things.

It really isn't that hard to do platform specific implementations of
dialogs once someone else has done the xp stuff. I also discovered that
windows GUI code is nothing like gtk and that regular GTK+ is very verbose
compared to windows. I also discovered that we should no longer use
gtk_list widgets. They are much harder to use and have much less
functionality than CList widgets. If you have a chance compare the code
"insert_datetime" which uses gtk_list widgets to "insert_field" which uses
 CList widgets.

Enjoy the fields!

Martin