Re: fonts do not load on XFree86 4.0

Subject: Re: fonts do not load on XFree86 4.0
From: Derek Au (phantom@netcom.ca)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 18:17:56 CDT

Justin Bradford wrote:

> On Wed, 3 May 2000, Bryan Cebuliak wrote:
>
> > /var/log/XFree86.0.log spits out:
> > Removing /usr/share/abisuite/fonts/ from the valid list of fontpaths
> > (note that the same driver also rejects speedo and Type1 fonts in the same way)
>
> All of abiword's fonts are Type1, so if X won't load other Type1 fonts for
> you, it's likely a problem with your X server setup.
>
> XFree86 4.0 uses loadable font modules. Perhaps you are not loading, or
> have not properly configured, font modules for Type1 and Speedo fonts.
>
> Justin

i also got this problem w/ XFree4.0 the problem i found is it cannot load any fonts
w/ names that have space in it ?? eg. I can load font such as
-b&h-luciduxmono-medium-o-normal--0-0-0-0-m-0-iso8859-15 but not
-b&h-lucidux mono-medium-o-normal--0-0-0-0-m-0-iso8859-15.
because the default font for abi has space in it so i cannot even start up abi now
:( ....
X contiune to complain it cannot load (It should not ... I think) so is it a X
problem or i make some setup mistake :( anyone can help me??

thankx

minotaur