Re: Saving documents to CVS

Subject: Re: Saving documents to CVS
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 11:27:21 CDT

On Thu, 4 May 2000, Joose Vettenranta wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When I create some very important documents, I want to save those to cvs.
> Now when I have written that text, I have to manually add that to the cvs.
> It would be a great thing to be able to load/save documents from/to cvs..
> (could not found feature wish list anywhere)
>
> - Joose

Not a perfect solution, but certainly "good enough" to work
around this inconvenience:

#!/bin/sh

#Check out a file, edit it and put it back in
cvs update $1
AbiWord $1
cvs commit $1 -m "Edited in AbiWord"

Thomas
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf