Fixed Bore and other translation bugs?

Subject: Fixed Bore and other translation bugs?
From: ash (gordonac@ocean.com.au)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 03:57:45 CDT

Thanks for telling me what Bore actually meant, otherwise it would have
taken awhile to figure out. The Babelfish translations aren't too bad
and I'll go through and check them. I've just finished the Data entry
page so here it is. If you find any errors on it, please email me. What
pages have already been translated/nearly done that I should not be
working on?

Ash.

La saisie d'un texte avec AbiWord
AbiWord logoAbiSource banner

By the way
Why AbiWord?
General
    Environment
    Sdi Vs. Mdi
Installation
    Windows
    Linux INTEL
    BeOS INTEL
    BeOS Ppc
    Solaris
    FreeBSD
The bases #1
The bases #2
Data entry
The formatting
Paragraphs
    Tabulations
    Columns
Sections
Styles
Insertion of object
To print
To seek /
To replace
Personalization
Short cuts keyboard
abisource.com
Demonstrations
Appropriations

Data entry "with the keyboard"

To start a new document, it is necessary to start by launching AbiWord as considering previously. AbiWord then presents a blank page on which we can start to make a document.

Initially it is enoung to access the text in a rough way without being concerned with its working, of its appearance (i.e., to carry out the data entry " with the keyboard "). You can type with the keyboard the letters which make the document and they are automatically inserted into the place where the cursor is. This cursor automatically advances position with each new letter, as would make it a typewriter. It is necessary to respect; obviously, capital letters and spaces between the words.

To introduce a new paragraph, it is simply enough to press on the " Enter " key. However, the " Enter " key is only used to introduce a new paragraph and must never be used to introduce a simple new line. The changing of lines are managed by AbiWord when the text overflows the tight hand margin. It is the guiding principle of any word processiing. You can however add a manual jump of line by simultaneously pressing on the keys " Shift "  and " Enter " and that does not make a new paragraph.

The automatic spell checking

It sometimes happens that you to make typing errors during the data entry. To correct the mispelled text, use:
* the key " Backspace" (above the " Enter " key) makes it possible to erase the character located BEFORE the cursor of insertion I.
* The key " Delete " which makes it possible to erase the character located AFTER the cursor of insertion I.
If a word or a text is selected, the pressing the key " Backspace " or " Delete " will erase all the selected text.

When a word is mispelt, AbiWord underlines in red this word indicating that it does not exist in its dictionary. Here for example for the word juxtaposition: Le mot erroné est souligné en rouge. It does the same for all the words that it does not know even if they are correct.

To correct a word underlined in red, it is enough to click with the right button of the mouse on the word. A  menu then opens containing a certain number of suggestions. If the correctly spelled word appears among the suggestions, it is enough to click above so that the mispelt word is automatically corrected.

Un clic droit de la souris sur le mot erroné fait apparaitre un menu contextuel avec des suggestions.

If no suggestion is made by AbiWord, that means that AbiWord did not find any word similar in its dictionary. It should then be checked if this word is spelt correctly. If this is the case, there are then two possibilities:

  1. If the mispelt word is not  a regular word in your documents, then choose to be ignore this word. (click on Ignore all) It will not be underlined any more but this only applies to the current document.
  2. If the mispelt word on the contrary is  frequently  in your documents (like a proper name for example), you can choose to add this word to the dictionary of AbiWord. (click on Add)
The last option (Change) will change the word as below:

Le correcteur orthgraphique d'AbiWord.

* The Ignore button will not underline any more of the selected word and will continue the checking.
* The button Ignore All will not stop AbiWord on the selected word if it finds it in the document.
* The Change button will correct the incorrect word by the selected suggestion.
* The button Change All will correct all the occurrences of the word of the current document.
* The Cancel button does not carry out any modification and will exit from this window.
To launch the spell checker, there are several different ways:
  1. Go the "Tools" menu and click on " Spelling... " or
  2. Right clcik on the underlined word and then click on the last option (Spelling...)  or
  3. To use the keyboard short cut, press the F7 key

The zoom

During the data entry or before the printing of the document, it can be interesting to zoom in on the document. (to have an overall picture or  to see the enlarged document) For that there are two solutions:
* Click on the small arrow on the right of the  Zoom list located on the Standard toolbar then select the amount of zoom from the list.

Zoom

* To go in to the window, go to the "View" menu option, and then click on " Zoom "; the window below appears:

The heading " Preview " displays an outline of the enlarged/shrunk characters

The heading " Zoom to " proposes several levels of zoom:

    Preset zoom with 75%, 100% and 200%

    " Page  Width" which adjusts the zoom to the width of the screen

    " Whole page " which displays all the page in the screen

    A personalized zoom where one chooses the percentage on the right (" Percent ") zoom while clicking on the small arrows in the box or by directly entering  the factor of zoom from the keyboard.