Fwd: Re: fonts do not load on XFree86 4.0

Subject: Fwd: Re: fonts do not load on XFree86 4.0
From: Bryan Cebuliak (bcebul@powerup.com.au)
Date: Sat May 06 2000 - 15:53:32 CDT

Dear Justin,

I note that there are fonts listed in my
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/fonts.dir which have spaces and this directory is
included in the font path and not invalidated on my XFree86 4.0 setup.
All my the Speedo/fonts.dir and Type1/fonts.dir do not have spaces in the
family field. That still does not help me explain why Speedo, Type1 and abisuite
fonts are invalidated for me making my Abiword useless. (I have sent a bug
report with my XF86Config and XFree86.0.log to XFree86 but, typically, no
response yet. SuSE support also does not want to touch this "experimental"
driver. Their Sax2 X graphical setup system was useless for me. Best it could
do was depth 8 on a vga driver with 640x480.) Any other ideas?
Thanks for looking,
Bryan Cebuliak

 On Fri, 05 May 2000, you wrote: > On Tue, 2 May 2000, Derek
Au wrote: > > > i also got this problem w/ XFree4.0 the problem i found is it
cannot load any fonts > > w/ names that have space in it ?? eg. I can load
font such as > > -b&h-luciduxmono-medium-o-normal--0-0-0-0-m-0-iso8859-15 but